Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Week 4 Day 7

So.. we finally have that cough kicked.. i think the benedryl did the trick. I suppose if it were because of her intubation then that's just a coincidence.. but if it were allergies, we're on the right track.

I'm going to take her off the 'dryl this week and that should give me a good idea of the culprit. Whatever it was, thanks to the advice of a few awesome people, i saved myself and koda the expense and stress of tests that, as of now, were not necessary.

On another note, summer is finally making an appearance here in Northern Ontario.. i'm grateful i have centrral air since koda won't have the ability to find a cool surface to lay on. Not that tucker ever does, but he /could/. I would imagine heat + crate would not be fun for her.. the crate floor is metal so i have to put a blanket or bed in there to keep her comfortable, but it would make things that much more hot for her.

My dad is putting a gate on the back deck today, which means in a few weeks, i'll be able to take her outside to relax without worry about her running around in the yard. I'm looking forward to that.

Tomorrow's the beginning of week 5.. one more week until we start out short walks! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment